Insurance Claims Information
Auto, Homeowners and Property Insurance:
Report any non-flood insurance claims by contacting your agent or insurance company. Claims Phone Numbers for Insurance Companies Consumer Alert - Tips on Filing a Claim For SC Wind and Hail Underwriting Association (SC Wind Pool) information, go to scwind.com Home Inventory Checklist Homeowner's Resource Page Tip: Your insurance company may reimburse the expenses of temporary repairs, so keep all receipts.
Report a flood insurance claim by contacting your agent or insurance company. Find their toll-free number here. Tips for Filing Your Flood Insurance Claim The NFIP Flood Claim Process NFIP Residential Policies: What's Covered NFIP Commercial Policies: What's Covered NFIP Flood Insurance Claims Handbook For additional help, contact the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or view their website for more information.
Latest Hurricane Irma Information:
- SCEMD Media Release- State Public Hotline Activated 1-866-246-0133 (September 8, 2017)
- 2017-10: Bulletin 2017-10 Notice of Unusual Circumstance/Catastrophe Insurance Declaration for Hurricane for South Carolina due to Hurricane Irma for the Purposes of Licensing Temporary Adjusters (September 7, 2017)
- Media Release-
- Governor McMaster's Executive Order (September 6, 2017)
- Consumer Alert - Flood Insurance
- Consumer Alert- Managing the Claims Process
- Helpful Insurance Information for Coastal Residents
- Got It Covered? Home Preparedness Checklist for Severe Weather
- Plan and Prepare - FEMA.gov
Hurricane season begins June 1st and continues throughout the month of November. Consumers should review their insurance policies, revisit or create a home inventory and update their family emergency plans now so that they are prepared. The following information can help you plan, prepare and protect your family from natural disasters.
- Know Your Zone - South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- SC Coastal Evacuation Routes- South Carolina Department of Transportation
- Pet Tips
- National Weather Service Preparedness Brochure
- Homeowner's Resource Page
- Disaster Prep Guides:
Plan, Prepare and Protect Campaign
The South Carolina Department of Insurance is implementing an awareness and media campaign with a focus on the importance of planning, preparing and protecting one’s family and home against storms and severe weather. The program provides tips and helpful information to help guide South Carolinians through the process of identifying their risks and planning now for what may lie ahead.
In addition to a state-wide radio campaign with iHeart Media, the Department will host a public hearing and information session in Bluffton, SC on June 8, 2017 and a Storm Ready Expo on June 10. We will also hold a Storm Ready Expo in Myrtle Beach on June 24, 2017.